my trip to athens - !!!

Oh boy! Athens was fine again. Like salami on rye. Like pastrami on wheat.

Spent most of the time hangin' with Clare. Within an hour of me arriving we were headin' up the town for some buskin'. Well, first she had to adjust to my CLEAN SHAVEN FACE!! Ha! I love it! Don't no one see me no more wit'out my beard. Like, we're up on the street sittin' on the stoop and runnin' the old lists, right. So, who's walkin' by but all the people I know. And, I'm starin' 'em down 'cause, yeah, we do know each other. I'm not some strange-o boy with clean face and a banjo. Remember me?

Saturday, got up to the farmers market before headin' out to MacArthur to help out Cory. He does AmeriCorps with Sojourners mentorin' youth. He brought out a bunch of singer-songwriters and we just jammed out with the kids. Played 'em some of my songs. They really dug this one I wrote about my fam. Like, this girl was like, "How about rhyming? What's the deal with that?" And I said, "It's wack. Don't do it. And here's why:

I love my mother 'cause she is like the ocean.
She feels the pull of moon. She tickles golden sand.
Her only limit is the shore and the horizon.
She's both a tempest and as smooth as crystal glass.

I love my sister. She's burnin' with desire.
She struggles with the future, plans it in her head.
She don't know where she's goin', but she knows she'll make it.
She's burnin' brighter than the summer sun at noon."


They were like, "Word."

A Thanksgiving feast at the co-op that night. Delicious. Then another feast at about 2 a.m. Then another feast for breakfast. See where I'm going? Left overs like whoa.

And, oh my gosh, Sunday night I taught Clare music theory with Schubert's Ave Maria. Like, hey, play this progression it's sweet:

I-vii[half dim.]7/V-I-V-vi-IV-V-I

Oh my lord do I love to teach. And, Clare's got a good ear, and she's excited to learn music! It was sooo fun. Then we got a late diner at ole Union Street Diner. And played that jukebox like it was our job. And it is our job. Check's in the mail.

Even had to keep the rental car an extra day because I just couldn't bear to leave that house.

Thanks for reading, person! I appreciate it, sure. Hey, I'm gonna get some new music up here, and I'm borrowin' my sissy's digicam to get the pics of my dad's house, which is where I'm stayin' and workin'. Tomazic & Son, Inc. Much meyhem ensues...

Comments

kathands said…
Hi Chris,That was very sweet of you to write that about me and your sister!We love you!And I think I figured out how to post this.Love,Mom
Anonymous said…
quite interesting post. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did anyone learn that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.

Popular posts from this blog

Bummin' Around

I know this is a long post, but if you break it up into two or three sections, it's a pretty managable read.

Giddy Up!