Once again, I can shower - or - Hello Mom! I'm glad you're reading

From the Friday previous to this post until this yesterday afternoon, I have been unable to shower. Nor have I been able to use my toilet. I've had a plumbing problem. We suspected (because the plumbers had told us so) that our sewer line had broken, which explained the fact that everything that went down the drain (including that stuff that our bodies excrete) gurgled up into the basement bathtub.

Our neighbors developed the same problem two days ago, and instead of spending six days ho-humming over which plumber to use, they called the city department of sewer who promptly unclogged the street's sewer line. When we called the city the next day so that they could ensure our plumbling was now fixed (which it was), the city man told me that such clogs are common on our street because the sewer line lies flat under the road.

Also, I am proud to say that my "poor old" mother is a fan of this blog. As proof, review the comments for the previous post. I have a tendency to fall out of contact with my family (despite repeated calls). I'm sorry for this, family. Communication is, perhaps, an area of my life that needs improvement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bummin' Around

I know this is a long post, but if you break it up into two or three sections, it's a pretty managable read.

Giddy Up!