Bare skin

I have a new fancy: bare skin in the woods. It's much easier to move through the woods without shoes. Much easier to be stealth. Also, I feel closer to the earth (or, spirit of the earth) when bare chested.

I found a set of deer antlers in the woods this weekend (from a 10-point buck). I wonder if (and think true that) my mother's dog would enjoy gnawing them.

I built a debris hut (a survival shelter with a skeleton of sticks and covered with leaves and debris for warmth).

I've been practicing stalking techniques: the walk, the mindset, the patience. I stalked a rabbit behind my house. While watching it Sunday night, I noticed movement in the grass: the ground was alive with worms crawling about (Sunday night was moist and warm). I may have seen two worms mating.

I went out on the town Saturday night with friends. From pre-game, to party, to Casa dance, to Blue Gater show, back to Casa, to after party, then to bed. It's lots of fun, but it wears down the body very quickly.

I also start nearly every sentence with "I."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bummin' Around

I know this is a long post, but if you break it up into two or three sections, it's a pretty managable read.

Giddy Up!