The rabbit next door and the Book of Psalms

My back yard is full of creatures.

It has snowed recently. This is the first good snow of the season. I took advantage of this excellent opportunity to track animals. That night, I went out back of my house where I have stalked a rabbit in the past. As I had hoped, his tracks were plain and visible in the snow. They meandered about the neighborhood, going from tree to tree to brush, etc. Eventually, they led to what I percieve to be his home (a hole leading under a pile of pine brush). While out I also noticed the prints from a cat leading out of a dense bush (which is likely his home).

I have taken up the bible again. I started reading the book during the summer months and stopped about a month or so ago when I reached the Book of Psalms. Last week, I was told that the Book of Psalms is an excellent book, so I read a few before bed every night. Last night I read Psalm 6, which I enjoyed very much. Lines 4 and 5 were especially poinent:

4 Turn, O Lord, and deliver me; save me because of you unfailing love.
5 No one remembers you when he is dead. Who praises you from beyond the grave?


While reading it I thought: This bible treats God as infinite in many regards (existence, love, knowledge, etc.) and as a seperate entity from man. I find it curious that man creates gods that are totally not what is he.

Oh yes, my band, the Jazz Workshop will play at the Red Brick Bar & Tavern this Wednesday (January 24). The hour from 10PM to 11PM will feature members of the band (including myself and the keyboardist, Zac Quillen) playing solo. The Workshop starts at 11PM playing not jazz, but bar tunes - the kind you love to sing while drunk: CCR, Journey, Beatles, Police, KC & the Sunshine Band, Floyd, etc. During rehearsals, some of the songs are so cheesy that we are actually unable to play them. Please join us if you can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bummin' Around

I know this is a long post, but if you break it up into two or three sections, it's a pretty managable read.

Giddy Up!