Saying goodbye, and finally a dream worth telling.

Took a road trip this weekend. A farewell tour of Ohio. First stop, Buckeye Donuts, High Street, Columbus. Reason being: sitting way off in the corner, reading a book about the wonders of fermented food, Claretheconte. We had just about a swell time in the Old Capital City: food, coffee, walking, talking. When we parted, I turned my Chevy Impala, Enterprise Rent-a-Car south and east heading for Athens.

Snuck into the co-op to find that Z. and Colt had started the party without me. I had to drink an old bottle of mad dog just to catch up. Colt's got a new kid: a puppy. A very cute puppy. The cutest thing I've ever seen. Chilled for a bit then headed to the Union to check out the Makebelieves show. There's still many people down there who've never seen me without the beard. Like this girl, Liz, who used to live with me. She walks up to the bar and I'm like, "Damn, this girl doesn't even see me." So I start yelling to her, "Hey! Girl! Hey, Lisa! Lisa!" We all had a good laugh about that! Then she gave me some soap, because that's what she does (makes soap).

OK. Then I spent the night at the co-op and woke up in the morning with a delightful dream, and I'd like to share it with ya'll:

So I'm chillin' in Clare's room at the co-op and my buddy David's with me. And there's also these two girls there, and I don't know 'em, but one is a doll-faced Puerto Rican girl. I mean, cute. And she didn't really speak any English but her friend did. Well, me and girl start to flirtin' and we're gettin' along pretty well. So then, I give her a flirty, pretend kick to the face, and she starts looking at my feet. Then I start looking at my feet, and I see they're all caked in mud. And I'm like, "Damn, how'd that get there? I hope she doesn't mind that my feet are muddy." And she didn't.

Well, girl runs off then, and I'm sitting there talking to her friend. And she asks me how long I'd be in PR. So I'm thinking real hard trying to remember. And I do. And I tell her real loud and clear, "I'm leaving December 4 and coming back January 24." But see, I haven't bought my return ticket yet. So I don't know when I'll be back. Maybe not till summer.

OK, so next thing I know, my dog-brother Derek is with me. And I'm scratchin' his head and wondering if he likes it or not. And then he speaks to me. And I'm thinking, "If I just assume that I understand him, then I will." And it worked! So, he asks me to pull on his right paw because the muscles are sore. He wants it stretched. Then he says, "This is for an orange-barrelled goddess of the stars!" And I was like, "Oh. right. what the hell does that mean?" But then I woke up.

Well, I got tons 'o work to do before I leave tomorrow. And my mom bought me a digital camera to take with me, so ya'll be gettin' pics of PR - if'n I can find some place to upload them. Worry not. Until we talk again, goodbye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bummin' Around

I know this is a long post, but if you break it up into two or three sections, it's a pretty managable read.

Giddy Up!