News from the southern front.

Hey ya'll some pics from my time here thus far.



Damn. Check out those colors! That's laundry on the line, balcony outback of the house. Jungle's in the background.

Yesterday, Grandpa and I went to the chicken fights: Guellera la Monseratte (that's the chicken pit). Well, guess what happens right as soon as I get in there. They're taking the chickens out that just fought, and something falls down onto my toes. It's red. And spotty. Yep. BLOOD. SPOOKY!! Goin' to the pit? Leave the Chaco's at home. OK. I was NOT disgusted by the fights, but not that interested either. Most of the time, the fight goes for 15 mins. then they stop it. But sometimes a chicken scores a death blow, which completely cripples its opponent. That's pretty cool to see. And if the chickens don't want to fight? Well, too damn bad!! You gotta fight! There's this rooster under the seat of the judge, and if the cocks stop fighting, he lets it loose on 'em. That gets 'em roused up right well.

Other than the pits, I like to go to the beach. Looks like paradise, huh? Well it is. And don't forget it (I'm trying not to!!). Kind of missing home still. But what the hell, here I am, go have a beer and watch the waves kick the surfers around. I walk up and down the sand looking for shells. I take em home, ruthlessly kill anything living inside, and string them onto dogbane necklackes. I stocked up on dogbane before I left O-H-I-O. And now I'm getting to know the science of necklace making: one arm's length of dogbane cordage, a few shells, maybe a bead. BAM!! Throw about 50 cloves of garlic in there! And, wha-la! A necklace. Watch out beach tourists... Banjo Chris is coming to take your money with "quality" goods. (Oh, did I mention that banjer almost didn't make it past security in Cleveland?? I threw a tantrum, rolled on the floor, screaming - the whole nine yards - and they let me through. Looking forward to doing it again when I leave...... When do I leave again???).

And on the job front, that media company is gonna give me some work helping them print t-shirts. AND they want me to design a website for them. That's the big time, man. (Hey, check out this website I designed as a student. It's an adventure tourist company I made up.) Also, went into a coffee shop today called Bananadong (ha ha name). I was like, "Hey! Ya'll need help?" And she was like, "Actually we do." So, looks like that's taking off. Karma is catching up with me. Took a while, but then, even mail takes 4 days to make it down........

Comments

Charles said…
that's fuckin dope man. i'm trying to figure out how to live simpler in the big city.

Popular posts from this blog

Bummin' Around

I know this is a long post, but if you break it up into two or three sections, it's a pretty managable read.

Giddy Up!