Just another day in paradise...

Mas picturas...

I make it down to the beach just about every day now. About Thursday or Friday when I finished up printing t-shirts at the studio, me and banjer went down to Playa Maria. I sat down under a palm tree next to a couple of kids. Singin' and playin' away. When the boy went off to surf, I talked to the girl. Julie from Detroit. "Oh. We're neighbors, really," I said. "I'm from Ohio."

These little shells (the one on the left is about as big as your thumb nail) are about my most favorite. The mollusks inside cling to the rocks near the water that are partly exposed to the air. They cling hard because they get pounded by the waves. I use them extensively in my necklace making. Check out banjer in the last pic. He's wearing a necklace I made for him. Even banjer wants to feel pretty.

A palm tree blowing in the wind at Playa Escalada (there's tons of beachs here). It reminds me of a Yanice, who I met at el banco today. She said, "Fate is like the wind. It blows us where it will and we don't know where we're going. But, I believe that everything happens for a reason. Where ever I am, I know that God has put me there."


And finally: a sailboat out on the water. I think it was Saturday night. I was sitting out on the back deck playing the banjo and watching Orion rise from the east. Suddenly, Andrea popped into my mind. She and I are great friends from college. Last I heard from her was about a year ago when she wrote me a letter that I never responded to. Well, I gave her a call right then. She's a skipper now in Berkley, CA, and has just started a metal working internship. "You should come out to visit sometime," she said, and just as she's saying it, something catches my eye up in the sky. No, mom, it was not a UFO. It was a shooting star! The Pleiades metor shower! It was a spectacular show. And, I said, "That's a sign from God if ever I saw one."

I want to get off this island after Christmas and make for Californ-i-a. Andrea, I may take you up on your offer sooner than you'd expect! .... Feliz Navidad, everybody!

Comments

kathands said…
Chris,the pictures are great!I hope you get alot of the ocean.Enjoy being in the nice warm weather,I wish I was!Love,Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Bummin' Around

I know this is a long post, but if you break it up into two or three sections, it's a pretty managable read.

Giddy Up!