Breakin' the law like he don't even care.

Clare plays the accordion - a small, Italian-made, sparkly red and ivory box. It's awesome to play music with her because she picks up music really well, and it's easy to communicate with her through the music. Anyways, we two play with Troy a lot too. He's in Silo Circuit with me. He's also my old college roommate (who almost never stayed in our room because he had a girl who had an apartment).

Well, we three went up to the music building to do some practicing for a show we played last Thursday. And, we did it up nice on the rooftop balconies and in the stairwell. Then Troy went off to work and Clare and I went out to practice more.

We sat on the portico outside of Memorial Auditorium. It was going real well: a Pouge's song, klezmer music, an Elvis song. Clare and I have the ability to play the same songs for hours on end. Like last weekend, we went out and played on Court Street for over three hours (and made about thirty bucks). Well, we were playing out there when OU grounds crew comes by with their leaf blowers and they start running those things. And, they blew us right out the portico.

So, we went to look for another place to play and we walked right by Galbreath Chapel. I used to play guitar in there every Friday with a Christian group on campus, and my friend Tori got married there and Troy and I and Peachums played the music for it. There was a sign on the door that said the chapel was closed, but when Clare and I pulled on the eight foot doors, they magically opened even though the lock was engaged!

So of course we went inside and sat at the front of the chapel next to the organ and proceeded to play that Elvis song: Wise men say only fools rush in, but I can't help falling in love with you. And it was pretty beautiful because the chapel sounds sweet. Well, there we are playing away when I hear footsteps behind me. So, I turn around and there's an OU police man peeking around the door WITH HIS GUN DRAWN! Ha ha!! There we are playing this sweet Elvis song and he actually had drawn his gun like: "Damn it! I thought I took care of Elvis years ago! Well, I'll fix him!"

I guess all the motion sensors in the chapel should've tipped me off to an alarm, but it was a silent alarm. Well, I thought we were busted for sure, but Clare thought differently. She sprung up, did a flying somersault and kicked the gun out of the officer's hand. Seeing my opportunity, I gave him a banjo to the groin, which sprawled him out on the floor. And I was all like, "Don't you know who I am, fool? Don't you know I don't give a f***? Ain't no one pulls a gun on Tomazic and lives to tell the tale, especially when the fool interrupts and Elvis song."

So I was all about to finish him off when Walker, Texas Ranger, showed up and told me that the guy has AIDS. Then Will Smith showed up and erased the officer's memory so he wouldn't bother us anymore. Then Clare and I went on our lawbreaking way, smoking cigarettes all the while. And I still don't give a f***.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bummin' Around

I know this is a long post, but if you break it up into two or three sections, it's a pretty managable read.

Giddy Up!