What I did this morning, and what I mean to do soon.

Woke up this morning at Simone's. Slept on the floor again, and again was real comfy (except the AC was on all night - a bit chilly). I've been feeling hungry since last night, so I went to Crumb's Bakery and bought a loaf of bread and some cookies for Cora later. Then to the library and ACME to get some business done. Had an IRA to roll over, phone bill to pay - you know all about it. Change my address to the post office box because I don't have a room anymore.

Gave that up Sept. 2 when I left for my trip. I figure I can just crash with friends, or sleep in the park or something. Anyways, I'll be in and out of the city camping and whatnot. So, tomorrow when I leave Simone's, I might just go up to Bong Hill and camp. Now, that's the hill that overlooks Athens. I wrote about going up there back in May, I think it was, and on that little adventure I had so much fun and met so many people (it's a popular spot with the students) that I said to myself on my bike ride home Tuesday, "Boy, I'd sure like to camp up there for a little bit. I'd meet some people. Plus I could check out that hillside that just got timbered." That hillside's been the local news lately. Some guy bought the property and cut down all the trees to mine fill dirt. But, this hill overlooks Athens and you can see it right from Walmart down on State Street. And if you're coming into town from Marietta's direction, you'll sure see it, too. And people were really angry because it was just cut down, and all done real quick. So, they start roasting this guy in paper and calling meetings to organize the resistance (this is a town full of activists, you know), and they put the real squeeze on this guy. So, he tells him they can buy it back from him, and that's about the last I heard of it, but now I've been gone for two weeks. So in the end the hill is still cut. No trees just dirt. And I'd like to see it.

So, I'll probably head up there pretty soon. And I also want to get into my old work next week. I think I'd like to spend the morning cooking up some dinner for the office and visiting and the like. And, I'd like to take my bike out for the ride again (cause it's a fun ride to work - I wrote about it somewhere else on the blog). It's over in the shop right now getting a tune up. I bought that thing new ($250) about a month ago, and the folks at the shop said, "Well, bring it back in in about a month and we'll tighten all the screws and cables up and oil the chain and stuff. And we'll give you that service for free for a year." And I said, "Well that's a pretty good deal." So, I took it back to them yesterday afternoon and told them that the rear wheel needs be to straightened out, too. And Tim told me to come by today about 4, but I've already made some plans to visit a friend about that time, so I'll probably head to the bike shop a little early.

And - oh my gosh! - here I haven't even told you about the whole week of my trip when I was at the Wayne with Ryan! Well, that was pretty fun and I've sure got some stories, but they'll just have to wait because I'm still hungry and I just cooked lunch. Rice and black-eyed peas. Sauted peppers with fried green tomatoes. Yum! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bummin' Around

I know this is a long post, but if you break it up into two or three sections, it's a pretty managable read.

Giddy Up!