A happy birthday return to Athens.

Well I rushed off the computer last time all in a hurry to listen to that bell tower at the University of Rio Grande. So noon rolls around and there I am standing by the tower waiting for the bells to start - just trying to hold back all the anticipation welling up inside me because boy do I like the sound of bells. I have fond memories of doing yard work at my dad's house in the summer and catching a hymn played on the bells at a neighborhood church and stopping what I'm doing just to listen. So then I'm that much more disappointed when the bells don't ring. Now isn't that something? Here they got this real nice bell tower with all these pretty bells hanging there. And you can see them because there's just a metal screen around them. And the darn thing doesn't even play! Not even at noon on a school day! Go figure.

So, after a stop at a bakery I hit the road and did real well. I'd finally gotten the hang of riding for long periods and I made pretty good time. I stopped about ten miles outside of Athens for a lunch break. The lady who ran the College Hill Motel gave me a couple Hershey bars and a banana when I checked out - she was real nice - so I ate those and a couple peices of banana bread from the Broken Bread Bakery.

Well, I rode back into Athens and went straight for the co-op. And there was everyone fine and dandy. And we had a good time catching up and being merry and all.

Now yesterday was my birthday. I talked to my mom and she said I was born about 2 in the morning and that I came quick, which was a relief for her! And we celebrated up at the irish pub. Tuesday is Celtic jam so I took up my banjo and plucked along. It's pretty fun music. Well we were having quite a time at the bar. Sure lots of fun and inside jokes and all. Example: [gruff voice like the macho man randy savage] "What did you say?"

Wound up at my friend's house for the night. Crashed on her bathroom floor. I love sleeping on bathroom floors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bummin' Around

I know this is a long post, but if you break it up into two or three sections, it's a pretty managable read.

Giddy Up!