I've been on vacation.

It was a dark and humid night.

Very humid and stiffling.

But, even this previous afternoon, an August thunderstorm cooled off these lands. And I sat down by the river stalking ducks. I watched baby herons. Have you ever seen baby herons - two, siblings thinks I - the way they clutz around sometimes? They had just the most trouble trying to stick that landing. And once or twice I saw 'em stumble off the wire. Needless to say, I was amused. But they must've been too. Cause I was sneaking around (grass in my hair, coated in mud, wildflowers for cover) watching them and trying to be smooth. But eventually I just jumped up and left.

I munched on Arrowroot Cooks - what a cute baby! - and I was consuming a large amount of one, whole, individually-wrapped - how convenient! - column - that's 15 of the 60 total servings - of vitamin B-enriched flour cookies, and what do I hear but the Oompa Loompas singing over on my neighbor's TV. And do you know what they're singing?

What do you get when you gobble down sweets,
eating as much as an elephant eats?


And I'm all like, 'Aww, shut yer mouth, TV! I'm just getting ready to hibernate.'

Tonight I went up to the town, and I played some music with some fellas. And we jamed right well. Sure 'nough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bummin' Around

I know this is a long post, but if you break it up into two or three sections, it's a pretty managable read.

Giddy Up!