What is meant by "bitter-sweet?" I can tell you, walking out to frieds uptown is sweet, but bitter is the longing that I feel to remain with them, for very soon I will leave my home to walk alone through these hills.

Not that I need be alone. Not even that I will be alone.

I slept on pine needles again! I walked out to the OU golf course where there are several stands of pines with thick beds of needles under bough. Pine needles are delicious to sleep upon; they're soft and warm! The sound of a golf cart rolling by awoke me soon after sunrise.

A poem about sunshine:

O, Sun in the Sky
From East to West you daily fly
All too short your journey seems
And shorter still; It's wanning
As we rush headlong to Autumn.
Then, at night you do not stop your motion.
Oh no, nothing of the sort.
You travel from the Western port
Under the Earth round
And by and by, a beam of light stabs at mine eye.
Then "Awake!" you scream.
"Moon is gone. Here am I.
So, on your feet! It's time to eat.
Break your fast then meet back here
We'll run and jump till clouds appear,
And as they rain, you'll wash your feet.
Then in the evening again we meet.
And as I slip away down West
To my nightly home where I may rest,
Say unto me, 'Sun is best'
Then go home."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bummin' Around

I know this is a long post, but if you break it up into two or three sections, it's a pretty managable read.

Giddy Up!