I'm preparing to walk into the woods.

It is strange for it seems to be a double reality going. At some times, the night seems strange because it is so unknowable - who knows what's really out there? At other times, the night is all I need to be alone, when all my bretheren are creating false daylight in their boxes.

I look forward to my trip out to the woods more than ever. Where will I go? What will be like the first of September?

I think my family will be near. And we'll eat a leisurely lunch and part ways. I will go east and camp for a bit on the hill that overlooks the town. Then, south to my friend, Ryan, and he will show me the secret places near the river. Then north, for I must be alone to meditate in peace because I don't think I've yet had meditative peace.

And if I survive all that, then who knows? Maybe then far south, beyond the sea even. But, that is far away. Let me survive the fall first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bummin' Around

I know this is a long post, but if you break it up into two or three sections, it's a pretty managable read.

Giddy Up!