I Wish I Was In California

This is a song I wrote years ago. I was in Puerto Rico at the time, visiting with my Grandfather. He's a hard man to live with, and I dreamed of taking a road trip adventure all the way from Washington DC to San Francisco, CA. Back then, I didn't get much farther than the melody and the first line of lyrics ("Oh, I wish I was in Californ-i-a."). Just a few weeks ago, I thought of the song while driving home from a visit to my girl friend in North Carolina. That night, I worked out the lyrics, and yesterday I spent an hour or so recording the song with my ukulele. I hope you enjoy it!

Also, visit my myspace for more songs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bummin' Around

I know this is a long post, but if you break it up into two or three sections, it's a pretty managable read.

Giddy Up!