Wildflower Update #1

Yesterday evening, I uncovered the leaves in our front garden at ACME house. I had put the leaves there in late fall to protect the plants from winter's icy bite. Then, yesterday, I was just sooo curious. And I got out the rake. And I found spring had sprung right outside my front door!

Daffodils have been peaking out of the soil for over a week now. Tulips, too. And, crocuses were up in January - I kid you not! During one of our warm intermissions from winter's gray drama, I was quite surprised to observe clumps of crocus leaves on our garden stage, like so many thin, green actors leaping to action before their cue. But, where green actors wither in a cold reception, a green crocus leaf preservers through the chillest of airs, and by that sheer determination, our temperate patrons (air and precipitation) have warmed to them! And, today the crocus are costumed in a fine shade of yellow. Their open blossoms regal me to an unspeakable joy, and it is my pleasure, then, to officially announce that the crocus is the lead actor of this year's Spring.


So, cue the music and send up the curtain, for Spring has come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bummin' Around

I know this is a long post, but if you break it up into two or three sections, it's a pretty managable read.

Giddy Up!