Describing recent musical contributions to the blog and a strange experience with a girl.

I have added two songs to the podcast. The first, "I Want a Girl," is an original written this past weekend. It is a song about many different things (painting a colorful picture, watching a sunset in Key West, tracking a rabbit, a recent hike, a summer trip to Germany). The refrain also vocalizes the desire that I feel for companionship, often in the form of a female companion.

I met a strange girl this past weekend. I was at a concert at the Union - a grungy bar. This was a hardcore metal show headlined by a friend of mine, Matt. I was sitting on a folding chair watching a game of pool when she sat next to me. She said I was acting strange - that I seemed too old to be there. I had to think for a minute before I remembered my age, 23, which is the same age she professed. Our conversation ended when I asked her name; she was drawn away. Later that night at the afterparty, I asked for her name again. She seemed offended, mumbled to herself and walked away. And, she called me strange?

The second song is a cover of "1979" by the Smashing Pumpkins. I've been into playing songs from my youth of late, which developed from playing at the Red Brick where pop songs are a sure crowd-pleaser. Listen to me mess up the words in the middle.

Also, mark your calendars: I'll be opening for the Jarts on Saturday March 3. I've learned many pop songs that should jive with the crowd. Bryan Gibson, the drummer in the Jarts, coordinates the radio show for which I volunteer.

Comments

Susan said…
I was the strange girl! I’m now married to you and pregnant with your child! Hope you know my name by now!

Popular posts from this blog

Bummin' Around

I know this is a long post, but if you break it up into two or three sections, it's a pretty managable read.

Giddy Up!