Podcast update

You may notice, to the right of this post, a column with podcast box. In this podcast are songs that I enjoy. Most are performed by my self, but I have recently added one featuring Johnny Hartman. Hartman is one of those low-key jazzers who only briefly "blipped " on the popular conscious of jazz. In the early 1960s, he and John Coltrane, a famous jazz saxophonist, recorded an album together. Taken from that album is "You Are Two Beautiful," a luscious, mellow tune, which features Coltrane only briefly in thebeginning. Beyond that, the piano (and Hartman's voice) are the prominent instruments.

I never really understood what the word "cool" meant until I listened to Hartman singing on this album. It certainly is a must have. I hope you enjoy the tune.

Following Hartman is a song I have recently recorded titled, "My Lord Is Greater." There are a total of three tracks on the recording. The first track, featuring guitar and vocal, was recorded in my bathroom. Second, the harmonizing vocal in the left ear, was recorded in my bedroom. And the third track, a sine wave playing the fifth of the key (a pitch around 'B'), was added digitally on my computer.

This is a song I enjoy singing very much because the chorus is catchy and I get to sing it very loud.

The next five songs are a mix of personal creations ("Comin'Home," "Give It All Away" and "Take My Fear Away"), Irish drinking songs ("Irish Rover") and pop covers (Who'll Stop the Rain"). These songs were recorded in September of 2006. My family visited me around that time. I wanted to give them a gift for their visit, so I recorded the CD for them.

Operating the box is very simple. It will begin to play automatically. There is a Play/Pause button, as well as an "Info" button that will let you choose different songs. There is also a volume slider.

I added these songs for your enjoyment. So, please enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bummin' Around

I know this is a long post, but if you break it up into two or three sections, it's a pretty managable read.

Giddy Up!