A list of unknown flowers ...

One of the first spring flowers I saw, Spring Star Flower, went unidentified for a month or more.




I quickly identified this as Stichwort on a run through Adam's Tract (in Carrboro, NC). However, considering that there appear to be 10 petals instead of 5 deeply cleft petals, I am questioning my original analysis.



After extensive searching online, I confirmed that this fungus (growing on a Red Cedar) is a Cedar-Apple Rust, Gymnosporangiumnidus-avis.



Is this, perhaps, the true and elusive Stichwort?



This delicate herb of stream banks reminds me of Yellow Corydalis.



This sedge is prolific in the woods.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bummin' Around

I know this is a long post, but if you break it up into two or three sections, it's a pretty managable read.

Giddy Up!