Passiflora and Compost

Passiflora and compost... my two favorite things, right? Susan and I - mostly I - were vegging out on the downstairs futon, trying to stay cool, enjoying some L&O (Law and Order) and listening to Dre (I'll explain that in a later post). I was content, but Susan wanted to move. So she poked and prodded me until I fell off the futon. Then, she jumped on me and rolled me up stairs as if I were a barrel. On the way up, I grabbed a paint brush, not to paint a picture, but to pollinate!


We've been trying to get the passiflora to produce fruit, and have had no luck with just our fingers. Perhaps this paint brush will help.

Even better, the bumble bees have finally begun to notice the flowers.

The vine is growing out of control! I'm so pleased to see that.

This is our first fruit just a few days after pollination.

After playing with the passion flower vine for a bit, I quickly switched gears to the compost. I had a couple buckets to empty into our compost bin.

We keep our compost in these large buckets until we're ready to empy it. (Check out that vine, btw.)

Two weeks worth of scraps. Who left that sticker on the watermellon!?

Tuck it in (with straw), say goodnight, and do not disturb until next spring.

Mad props to my home girl, S-oozie, for snappin' the pics! She's great. I'll keep her around ;) Also, here's a parting pic that she took up town a little l8r in the day...



Comments

Susan Lyons said…
I love that bumblebee!

Popular posts from this blog

Bummin' Around

I know this is a long post, but if you break it up into two or three sections, it's a pretty managable read.

Giddy Up!