The Ballad of Chris & Susan

I used GarageBand on the iPad2 to create this little number. I was glad to have the iPad, too. One of the great things about the iPad is its immediate power. It puts a bit of creative power at your finger tips right this second! On a lark, I plugged in my acoustic to a warm old tube amp, and put down a couple tracks on a song I wrote a couple summers back.

It was easy, fast, and you can hear that the recording quality was fairly pleasing. Even after I recorded two acoustic guitar tracks, two harp track (thank Jebus I had my tuner app), and two vocals, I could still hear that something was missing. Well, "when in doubt," I have learned, "look to nature." I stepped outside with my IPad to take a look around. Though it was a mild December afternoon, I saw nothing of immediate interest. No cats to sneak upon. No woodpeckers drumming. But, then what's more peaceful than a wind chime , I thought. Easy and quick, I had a short sample of chime bells. Inside, I added the samples of a small bell, sea glass falling, and mason jars gently rapped with a wooden spoon.

So, enjoy my efforts, and please comment with your thoughts.

Ballad by christomazic

Comments

Susan Lyons said…
ooooh - I like that wooden spoon a rappin and those chimes a ringin

Popular posts from this blog

Bummin' Around

I know this is a long post, but if you break it up into two or three sections, it's a pretty managable read.

Giddy Up!