Thinking more about the last post...

Maybe the thing that makes love precious is not the threat of loss exactly. Think about, for example, the love that a parent feels for her child. Can I really say that there's a chance this love will go? And really, even if you break-up a relationship with a significant other, does that mean your love breaks-up, too? Isn't it much more gratifying to consider love a little more permanent than all of that?

Well, here's my two cents. A child doesn't really understand love and its permanence, so he may, in fact, think that his mother's love could be broken by something he does or fails to do. Heck, even adults might think that they could do something so horrible that even their family would no longer love them. And, of course, in relationships where love is voluntary, it's easy to recognize the threat of loss.

The threat of loss underlies all love, even if that threat is delusional.

On the other hand, I'm an optimist. It's sort-of my default state-of-mind. It makes me feel good to be optimistic, so I end up believing all sorts of fuzzy wuzzy things. In regards to love, I think of it as a one-way road. I meet a girl, and I develop my love with time. It waxes and wanes, but it is always there, and I never go back to a state of no love for her. Oh, it's true that we may break up, and I we'll grow apart and start new loves, but there's still something more to her than to a stranger passing by. I can't undo love.

So, on some level, there is not threat of loss, for the love I feel at least. There's the threat that my love may not be reciprocated some day. I think that makes a relationship precious: the realization that someday your love may not love you back.

An interesting end note: One of the comments on the YouTube video I linked to said that we don't really know when our "golden ages" are until they are over.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Making my penis bigger has actually taught me several things, in addition to the fact that it's always ultimately possibly and permanent, he said. The first is that penis sizegenetics surgery has not been necessary. Surgery is costly, and also also very risky, even in cases while procedure goes smoothly without any complications. Besides that, surveys have shown that a number men may possibly well have gone under the knife aren't pleased while using results.I also learned that pumps don't work. Once i decided I wanted to start making my penis bigger, I bought a pump, plus it wasn't a cheap one either.
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Bummin' Around

I know this is a long post, but if you break it up into two or three sections, it's a pretty managable read.

Giddy Up!