I have returned from an amazing journey.

You may have thought this blog - this Blog-azic - had fallen victim to that long, cold oblivion that is the fate of many web pages: a page on the web not updated since 1997, viewed only by chance of a random Google search.

In fact, I have taken a sabbatical. I traveled to the mist-shrouded mountains of the Far East where I bartered my shirt and pants for a tunic of finely spun silk. Garbed in that manner, I did climb to the peak of the Mountain of Blue Flame and there did I build an alter of uncut stone. Upon the alter I placed a bundle of bones and feathers, wrapped in the skin of yearling lamb, and mingled with dried sage. I fasted and prayed, and sang and danced, for thirty days and nights, and after I had spent my energies (when I was on the brink of exhaustion) upon the alter appeared Sacred Blue Flame. It consumed the bundle and lifted up a sweet fragrance to Heaven. And, lo, the clouds rolled back and the sky was cleaved in two, and I saw descending from the Void an angel clothed in the golden light of Sun. Its eyes were deep like the ocean and its hair was soft like moonlight.

I trembled and hid my face, and the angel spoke like the roar of thunder. And he said unto me, "Surely your faith has supplanted all fear. Look upon the Earth and know all that is contained therein."

And as he said this, he touched my hand and we flew over all the world. And, from above the clouds we saw All That Is. No darkness could blind our eyes and no wall could restrain our gaze. And all knowledge was made plain. And I Understood.

When we had traversed the whole world, the angel set me back upon the mountain and charged me thus:

"Speak to the world about this that you have seen. Tell them of your journey that they may increase in their faith."

Then he ascended to Heaven, and suddenly there was a great chorus of voices each weaving its own distinct melody. And the voices were blended into a very pleasing harmony. Then I saw the sky full of angels each one singing with a fury that could drown the whole world. As they sang, dark clouds came from the west and covered their forms and a great thunder overtook their voices. From the clouds poured a heavy rain. The rain washed me clean, and then I descended the mountain.

When I reached the bottom, I was very tired. I lay down upon a sand bar by the side of a stream and slept for three days. When I awoke, the forest was buzzing with the excitement of summer. Flowers were in bloom upon the bank. I removed my tunic, clothed myself with the forest and returned home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bummin' Around

I know this is a long post, but if you break it up into two or three sections, it's a pretty managable read.

Giddy Up!